Email my cart and visit summary emails are popups/message zones with email entry form which allow the visitors to send themselves a reminder of the products they viewed/ entered to cart.
Barilliance does not claim that the proposed setup offered here is GDPR compliant. You should consult your legal.
To fulfill the email my cart/visit summary action, the email address must be passed to Barilliance. Therefore if you would like to restrict Barilliance servers from receiving the email if the user did not give cookie consent, you can limit these rules to show only to users who have appropriate cookie consent.
- Make sure that Barilliance monitors cookie consent on your website.
- Set the setting Show only if cookie consent was given in the Email My Cart/Visit Summary rules.
You can show the rule to users without cookie consent by not setting Show only if cookie consent was given
Opt in checkbox Behaviour
When the site is in GDPR Mode
IMPORTANT : It is your responsibility as a data controller to make sure the texts for opt-in comply with GDPR requirements!
- If an Opt in box is NOT set to appear or it is not checked - the email will not be captured to Barilliance servers.
- If an Opt in box is set to appear and it is checked - the email will be captured and marked as GDPR opted in and will receive triggered emails and Retention emails.
When the site is NOT in GDPR mode
- If an Opt in box is set to appear and it is checked - the email will be captured and marked as opted in (visitor will receive triggered emails and Retention emails).
If it is not checked, the email is captured but not set as opted in.
- If an Opt in box is NOT set to appear, the email is captured and marked as opted in.